At Compass Recovery, our addiction treatment plans are custom-made for each of our clients. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to maintain their recovery from substance use disorders. At the same time, we want our clients to continue to live their daily lives and not be isolated from their support network of family and friends. Compass Recovery counselors make a point of evaluating each client mentally and physically to determine the best recovery path for that client.
If you or someone you care about is battling addiction, reach out to the experienced team at Compass Recovery today. You can use our convenient, secure online form or call 844.844.2988 to learn more.
Addiction Treatment Services Offered at Compass Recovery
Compass Recovery’s Agawam, MA campus provides two main types of treatment programs: a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (IOP). These two programs differ based on the needs of our clients.
- Partial hospitalization program – Our PHP allows our clients to attend crucial treatment sessions at our facility and then go home afterward to the safety and privacy of their own homes. This kind of addiction treatment program is designed for clients that would like to get help for their substance use disorders but either can’t afford or can’t commit to a traditional rehabilitation facility. The American Society for Addiction Medicine (ASAM) identifies partial hospitalization as a treatment approach that is delivered at a minimum of five hours a day, five days a week, for a period of two weeks up to an entire month.
- Intensive outpatient treatment – An intensive outpatient treatment program enables patients to continue their daily routines in a way that traditional residential treatment programs do not. This kind of program is for clients who can control their addiction enough to continue a daily routine. ASAM defines the level of care for an intensive outpatient treatment program as a minimum of three hours a day, three days a week, for up to two months.
What Therapies are Part of Our Addiction Treatment Programs?
Once our counselors have determined which treatment program is right for a client, they will then use a combination of therapies to help them achieve and maintain their sobriety. These therapies include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This type of therapy emphasizes changing negative self-image, as well as negative thinking. These thoughts often lead to substance abuse disorders and relapses, so we want to equip patients with the tools to combat this negativity.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – This therapy is a specific type of cognitive-behavioral therapy that allows patients to develop healthy methods of dealing with the pressures of daily life. Dialectical behavior therapy also provides strategies to help patients regulate their emotions.
- Motivational interviewing – This type of therapy guides patients to rectify their insecurities by learning how to be practical and empathetic.
What Happens After I Complete My Addiction Treatment Program?
Once our clients have completed their addiction treatment programs, the path to recovery is far from over. We also recommend that clients enroll in aftercare services to prevent relapses.
One of the most effective aftercare services for clients in recovery is the 12-step program. Often, clients in a 12-step program find commonalities with other clients who have similar substance abuse disorders. No one should face recovery alone, and this fellowship builds a sober community that leads to a support network for our clients.
Contact Compass Recovery Today to Learn More
If you are battling substance abuse issues, know that there is hope. Reaching out to the team at Compass Recovery is the first step on a life-changing journey. To learn more about our programs, complete our convenient online form, or call us at 844.844.2988.