Substance use disorder or addiction is a chronic disease that can affect anyone. Like any disease, addiction requires professional support so individuals can heal. No matter if someone is abusing drugs or alcohol, they can overcome addiction with the right help. At Compass Recovery, our outpatient treatment center understands the challenges facing individuals struggling with substance abuse. Our addiction treatment center serving Agawam, MA, is operated by homegrown people, individuals who grew up in the community and thus have an intimate knowledge of the area.
We believe that those with substance use disorders can find long-term and meaningful recovery. Our mission is to assist and support individuals and their families by treating addiction in new and innovative ways and empower clients to take accountability for their recovery.
We’re guided by our core values:
Each of these aspects informs how we approach client care.
At Compass Recovery, we believe that recovery is more than just abstinence from drugs and alcohol. It means being able to identify triggers and develop healthy coping mechanisms. Doing so enables clients to enjoy their life without drinking or using drugs, giving them the ability to live a meaningful life again.
Our Outpatient Treatment Center
In Agawam, MA, our outpatient treatment center offers two effective programs:
- Partial hospitalization program: PHP is designed for clients who need structure but can’t afford or commit to a traditional inpatient or residential rehab. In this program, clients come to our facility daily for a set time but return home afterward. This provides the necessary treatment to heal from substance use disorder but allows clients the freedom they need to meet work, family, or school obligations.
- Intensive outpatient program: IOP is designed for individuals with milder addiction or those who have relapsed and need support to get back on the path to recovery. This is a condensed form of treatment built around the client’s schedule, similar to PHP.
In each of these programs, our counselors and therapists utilize evidence-based approaches to treat addiction’s physical, emotional, and mental aspects. As a complex disease, the right combination of therapies is key to a successful recovery. We offer therapeutic services such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: CBT focuses on identifying and changing negative self-image and negative thinking, contributing to substance abuse.
- Dialectical behavior therapy: DBT is a form of CBT helping clients learn to develop healthy ways to cope with stress and regulate emotions.
- Motivational interviewing (MI): This therapy helps clients resolve ambivalent feelings and insecurities by learning how to be practical and empathetic.
These therapeutic approaches are used in conjunction with holistic practices like yoga therapy, meditation, and mindfulness. At Compass Recovery, we’re committed to 12 Step facilitation to help clients find relief from the chronic disease of addiction. Once clients can maintain sobriety, they can reconnect with family and friends to re-discover the things that afford them a sense of well-being, meaning, and purpose.
Learn More About Compass Recovery
If you or a loved one is dealing with substance use disorder or addiction, help is available. We are local people helping local people. Reach out to Compass Recovery at 844.844.2988 to get on the path towards sobriety and healing. Our admissions counselors can guide you through the process, answer your questions, and address your concerns.