Are you thinking about enrolling in a recovery program but are hesitant because you don’t know what to expect? For many people with substance use disorders, the reluctance to go to an outpatient center for addiction rehabilitation is based on fear of the unknown. What will the experience in an outpatient center be like? How will the addiction rehabilitation program fit my needs? These emotions are quite common among people considering the commitment to a brighter future without substances or alcohol. The first and most difficult step, however, is reaching out for help.
Compass Recovery is a modern outpatient center located in Agawam, MA. Our directors each have more than a decade of experience helping clients battle the pitfalls of addiction. Also, our directors are locals, so they have a unique understanding of people’s needs in the area. Further, our incredible counselors are committed to giving our patients the tools that they will need to achieve long-lasting recovery without substances or alcohol.
Our core values define our treatment plans:
To learn more, reach out to our team online or call us at 844.844.2988 for a consultation.
What to Expect Upon Arrival at Our Outpatient Center
Once you’ve made the life-changing decision to enroll in our program and you have arrived at our outpatient center, you’ll first be greeted warmly by our staff because kindness and compassion are at the heart of what we do. Next, you’ll be evaluated both mentally and physically. These evaluations are used to formulate a specific treatment plan that is suited to your needs.
Your personalized treatment plan options will fall into one of two broad types:
- Intensive outpatient treatment – This kind of treatment is suited for patients whose addiction might not be as severe as others or those returning to a rehabilitation program after a relapse. Typically, intensive outpatient clients attend several therapy sessions each week at our facility while living at home. This helps patients adjust to a sober lifestyle while still maintaining a daily routine.
- Partial hospitalization program – This kind of treatment gives our patients a framework without the commitment of a traditional addiction rehabilitation facility. Patients in this program attend daily sessions at our center but return to their homes at the end of the day. A partial hospitalization approach gives our patients the critical help they need while simultaneously allowing them to meet daily obligations.
What to Expect During Treatment at Our Outpatient Center
Once our expert counselors have determined the best path for your recovery, then your therapy will begin. One or more of these therapy options will be available to you:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This type of therapy focuses on patients changing their negative self-image. Also, cognitive-behavioral therapy helps to alleviate negative thinking, which can sabotage any attempt at recovery.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – Along with cognitive-behavioral therapy, this therapy is designed so that patients will gain positive and healthy techniques to deal with the grind of day-to-day life. Additionally, dialectical behavior therapy encourages patients to regulate their emotions, which in turn leads to fewer relapses.
- Motivational interviewing – People with substance abuse disorders might become irrational and despondent over time due to the effects of their addiction. This type of therapy teaches patients to be practical and empathetic so that they work to resolve their insecurities.
Contact Compass Recovery Today
It can be easy for people with substance abuse disorders to feel as though they are all alone in their fight to conquer their addiction. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. Compass Recovery has a team of experts that have years of experience helping people deal with the problems that result from addiction. We’re ready to help. To learn more, complete our secure online form today or call us at 844.844.2988.