There are as many approaches to substance abuse treatment as there are individuals who are struggling with addiction issues. Addiction treatment centers that purport to offer a one-size-fits-all approach are doing so at the expense of treating their patients’ individual needs. At Compass Recovery, we understand that every individual seeking help with a substance abuse problem must be treated like just that: an individual.
There are several factors that an addiction specialist must take into account when determining the most effective course of addiction treatment. Among these are the patient’s age and overall health, their medical history, including whether they have a genetic predisposition to addictive behaviors, the severity of their addiction and the length of time they have spent using the substance, and perhaps most important, the specific substance or substances to which the patient is addicted.
At Compass Recovery, we pride ourselves on offering customized treatment for each patient who walks through our doors. One of the ways we do that is by offering a broad range of substance abuse treatment programs.
Substance Abuse Treatment at Compass Recovery
At Compass Recovery, we believe that one of the best ways to make sure that individuals committed to battling addiction get the help they need is by offering a variety of substance-specific treatment programs. To this end, at our facility you will find programs including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Opiate addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Stimulant addiction treatment
- Sedative addiction treatment
Not every treatment approach is right for every patient. But by engaging in substance-specific treatment, our clients are more likely to get the tools they need to avoid relapse and achieve genuine, long-term recovery.
The Advantages of Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
In an outpatient program like Compass Recovery, patients get the help they need while continuing to reside at home or in a sober living facility. There are several distinct advantages to this approach to substance abuse treatment. Among these are:
- Generally speaking, individuals who opt for outpatient care pay less. Since outpatient care lacks a residential component, it is usually more cost-effective than other types of treatment, even when the level of care is the same.
- Depending upon the level of care an individual needs, outpatient care can be scheduled around a client’s responsibilities. Many of our clients continue to work, attend school, and fulfill family and social obligations while in our care.
- Individuals who choose outpatient care develop an extensive network of friends, family members, and supporters outside of our facility, where it matters most. Because they are putting what they are learning about recovery into practice in the real world, they have more opportunities to connect with people. This can be an essential component of avoiding relapse down the line.
- One of the most important aspects of recovery is pursuing interests that do not involve drinking or using substances. In an outpatient substance abuse program, individuals have the freedom to develop these healthy behaviors.
An outpatient substance abuse treatment program like Compass Recovery is ideal for individuals who are ready to work on their addiction issues but who do not require medically-supervised detox or around-the-clock care. Our aim in this level of addiction treatment is to help you achieve recovery while building healthy routines and reintegrating back into your everyday life drug- and alcohol-free.
Reach Out to Compass Recovery Today
If you or someone you care about is battling addiction, it is easy to lose hope. At Compass Recovery, we are here to restore that hope as we help you on your personal road to recovery.